The Regional Services Team run a series of webinars for Group Scout Leaders. These sessions can be recorded on your Compass profile as ongoing learning so that you have a record of the learning that you have completed and to ensure that you are notified about relevant upcoming sessions.
How to record your ongoing learning
1. Log into Compass and select “My Profile” at the top of the page.
2. Once you are in your profile select the “Training” tab.
3. At the bottom of the Training page there is a section called “Ongoing Learning”. On the right hand side of the screen, click on the “Add OGL Hours” button.
4. A pop up box will appear for you to fill in the details of the ongoing learning.
Module: It is important that the module selected for this field, is the one of the three GSL webinars (listed below) to ensure that reports show that you have completed each session.
- GSL 1 – Session 1 – Role of the Group Scout Leader
- GSL 2 – Session 2 – Managing Your Group
- GSL 3 – Session 3 – Managing Growth of Your Group
Description: In the description box, it will be important to write a short note to describe the learning that you have undertaken that will show on your training record. For example “GSL Webinar – Session 2 – Managing Your Group”.
5. Once you have clicked Save, the training will show on your record under the Ongoing Learning section at the bottom of your training record.
6. If an error has been made and you wish to amend it, you can delete the Ongoing learning record by clicking on the “Delete” button on the right hand side. A new Ongoing Learning record can then be created with the correct details.