Roles: Training Managers, Training Administrators.
Process overview: This process will allow users with the correct access rights to search for members and add ongoing learning hours for multiple Members at the same time. This is can be used, for example, to update the learning hours completed by all participants of the same course.
‘Ongoing learning hours’ includes any training, learning or development completed by an adult member that can be used in their role within Scouting. This process allows ongoing learning as part of an Adult Training Scheme module and any other learning/training completed within or outside Scouting to be recorded.
It allows members to record:
- The number of ongoing learning hours completed.
- The date it took place.
- The module title (if relevant).
- A brief description of the ongoing learning.
Please note: ‘Ongoing learning hours’ differs from ‘mandatory ongoing learning’, which members with relevant roles are required to complete periodically and is checked at the point of review (eg safety, safeguarding and first aid). Adding mandatory ongoing learning to a member’s record is covered in a separate user guide.
Process: Adding ongoing learning hours for multiple members
- Ensure you have selected the correct role from the ‘My roles’ dropdown menu at the top of the homepage. (This will be the role that gives you the appropriate access rights to complete this process.)
- Click the ‘Training’ heading towards the top of the homepage.
- A menu will appear underneath. Click on ‘Adult training’.
- The ‘Adult training’ page will appear. This page will allow you to search for members using a combination of different search criteria.
Complete the search fields relevant to your search:
- Module details – This allows you to search for a specific module or specific requirements. Using the ‘Update’ drop down menu will allow you to specify whether you want to search for learners with ‘Learning required’, ‘Validation required’ or ‘Mandatory ongoing learning’.
- Location – Your role will affect which locations you can search.
You can enter as little or as much information as you wish, or have available. The more information you enter, the more refined your search will be.
When you are ready, click the ‘Search’ button at the bottom right of the screen.
- The search results will then appear in the bottom half of the page in a table. Each member will have a check box next to their name and membership number at the left hand side of the page. Select the check boxes of all of the members you want to update and click the ‘Update training’ button at the bottom left of the page.
- A popup window will appear titled ‘Select option – multiple members’, with the number of members selected shown in brackets.
This window is split into two sections. The first section is titled ‘Ongoing learning options’. This contains options to ‘Add OGL hours’ or ‘Add mandatory OGL training’. (Details of how to add mandatory ongoing learning hours are provided in a separate user guide.)
Please note: If you searched for a specific module, only this module will appear under the ‘Member PLP training’ heading.
Select ‘Add OGL hours’, using the ‘Select’ button to the right of it.
- A popup window will appear titled ‘Update multiple members’, followed by the number of people you are updating in brackets.
Fill in the required information, including:
- Hours – Enter the number of ongoing learning hours you want to add.
- Date – Enter the date on which the ongoing learning took place into the date box. The date can be entered manually, or selected using the calendar icon to the right of the text box.
- Module – Use the dropdown menu to choose the module to which the ongoing learning hours relate.
Please Note: This field is not mandatory, so if the ongoing learning was not related to any Adult Training Scheme modules, this should be left blank.
- Description – Provide a brief explanation of the ongoing learning and what it covered.
When you are ready to move on, click the ‘Next’ button at the bottom right hand corner.
- The following window will display the names of all members whose records you are updating. Each member will have a ‘Remove’ button at the right hand side of the window. Double check the list and, if you want to prevent any record(s) from being updated, click the ‘Remove’ button by the relevant name(s).When you are ready to save your updates you, click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom right of the page.