Roles: County/Area/Region (Scotland) Commissioner, Acting County/Area/Region (Scotland) Commissioner, Regional Commissioner (England), Country Commissioners.
Process overview: This process will allow users with the correct access rights to approve or reject a requested suspension for a member. The outcome of this process is that the membership will either be suspended, or the proposed suspension will be rejected.
The request to suspend the person’s membership will need to have been submitted first, please see the user guide ‘Requesting a member’s suspension‘ for guidance on how to do this. This guide then explains how the next relevant Commissioner in the hierarchy can approve or reject the request. For example, if the request has made by a District Commissioner it needs to be approved or rejected by the relevant County/Area/Region (Scotland) Commissioner.
Process: Approving or rejecting a member’s suspension
Ensure you have the correct role selected from the ‘My roles’ selector at the top of the page. (This will be the role that gives you the appropriate access rights to complete this process.)
- When you log in, you will receive an alert on your home page to say that a request has been made to change the membership status for a member. It will show the member’s number.
- Hover over the magnifying glass icon located at the top right of the page.
- Type the membership number in to the ‘Go to member’ box and then click on the magnifying glass next to the box.
- On the member’s profile page there will be a row of headings going across underneath the member’s name and membership number. Click on the ‘Roles’ heading.
- Click the ‘Membership’ button at the bottom left of the page.
- A popup window will appear titled ‘Membership options’ with the member’s name and membership number underneath.
Click the ‘Commissioner approve/Reject requests’ button.
- This will change the information shown in the window. In the ‘Cancel/Suspend date’ box type in the date on which you wish to suspend the member or cancel the requested suspension.
- Enter your membership number in the ‘Commissioner number’ box. Clicking on the box below will automatically complete the ‘Commissioner number’ box with your name.
- Enter your comments in the ‘Comments’ box. This is a mandatory field; please note down your reasons for approving or rejecting the requests.
- The section below, ‘Approve/Reject requests’ will display the information given by the person requesting the suspension.
- When you are ready, click ‘Approve’ or ‘Reject’ at the bottom right of the page to either approve or reject the suspension.
- If you click ‘Approve’, the box will disappear and a new box will appear in its place confirming that the membership has been suspended. Click ‘OK’ to close this message.
- When you search for this member again, their record will show that they have been suspended.
- If you click ‘Reject’, the box will disappear and you will be taken back to the member’s ‘Roles’ page. The member will not show as suspended. If required, a new suspension will need to be requested to start the process again.