Roles: All members.
Process overview: This process will allow users to view their training information for each of the training modules they have completed.
Process: Viewing your training record
- Click on your name at the top right of the homepage.
- You will be taken to your profile page. Under your membership number and name at the top left of the page will be a row of headings. Click on the ‘Training’ heading.
- The ‘Training’ page is made up of two sections; ‘Personal Learning Plans’ and ‘All PLP training modules’.Under the ‘Personal Learning Plans’ heading there will be a list containing the role(s) you hold in Scouting.
Please note: Under the ‘All PLP training modules’ heading will be a list of all the training modules that are associated with your training record, for all of the roles you hold or have held in Scouting. These modules can also be viewed individually in the same way as described from step 5 below.
- Information about the role(s) will be displayed going across the page under a series of headings.This will include the name of your Training Adviser for that role, if you have been assigned one.
For each role there will be a ‘Show PLP’ button at the right hand side of the page.
- Clicking the ‘Show PLP’ button for a role will open a menu that displays all of the training modules linked to that role. The training modules will appear in a table going down the page. Information about the modules will be displayed in the table going across the page.Each module will have a ‘View Training’ button at the right hand side of the page.Click the ‘View’ button to display further information about a module.
- A popup window will appear titled ‘View PLP training module’.
The first section is ‘PLP training details’. Under this heading you will be able to see who your Training Adviser is for this module, if one has been assigned. You will also be able to see whether it was agreed that learning was required for this module.
- If it has been agreed that learning is required, the ‘Learning method’ section will show which methods have been assigned. The planned completion date will also be shown next to this, if it has been agreed upon. When the relevant learning for this module has been completed, the date will be shown in the ‘Actual completion’ column.If it has been agreed that no learning is required for this module, this section will not appear and the screen displayed will be slightly different.
Please note: If the training for the role you are looking at was completed before the launch of Compass and the data has been migrated into the Compass Database, the ‘Learning method’, ‘Validation criteria’ and ‘Validation methods’ sections may not be displayed.
- The next section is ‘Validation criteria’. This will show the agreed validation criteria for this module, along with the planned completion date for each. When the relevant criteria for this module have been validated, this date will be shown in the ‘Actual completion’ column.
- The next section is ‘Validation methods’. You may need to scroll down the window to see the whole section. The agreed validation methods will have their check boxes ticked.
- The last section is ‘Validation completed’. Once a module has been validated, this will show the name of the member who validated the module and the date on which the module was validated.
- When you have finished viewing the module, click the ‘Close’ button at the bottom left of the page to return to your training record.