Updates to Compass and Atlantic Data
We have made a few changes to Compass on the back of the feedback you have been providing to us.
In Compass we have made the following changes:
- A new training module has been added in order to record learner’s completion of the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) training module. The module is part of the Getting Started Training requirement for roles that are required to do Module 1 or Module 1EX as part of the approval process for their role. Guidance on how to add this module to a member’s training record can be found in the userguide: Adding a Module for a Single Member
- All adult awards issued up to and including January 2018 are now shown on members’ records
- The approvals for the Scout Active Support Member role have been updated to remove the requirement for Commissioner Approval in order to align with POR
- The reports that are available to the Deputy Training Manager roles have been updated to give them access to the Training Report
- A bug has been fixed that was causing an error message to be shown for some members when they tried to update their personal details or communication preferences
- A update has been made to allow Training Advisers to fill in the PLP agreed date for their learners’ Personal Learning Plans
The following FAQs have been added to the Compass Support Site:
- What is Data Protection and why is it relevant to Scouting?
- What is a Data Controller and how is this relevant to Scouting?
- Who is the Data Controller for data on Compass?
- Does a Scout Group need to register as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner Office (ICO)?
- What will the data held on Compass be used for?
- How can Members manage the marketing and communications they receive?
- Who is responsible for the accuracy of information held on Compass?
- Will The Scout Association perform data quality cleansing on Compass at UK Headquarters?
- Is there any data protection training available for leaders before they have to use Compass?
- Who has access to view or download a Group’s data once loaded onto Compass?
- Are there any special circumstances where access to Member data can be restricted e.g. vulnerable adults, or those who may be involved in cases of domestic violence or others who have good reason to keep their details private?
- Am I allowed to download the personal details of members for taking to a camp or for any other purpose and what should I do to comply with data protection requirements?
- Can a Member’s data be shared with third parties in an emergency such as a doctor or hospital i.e. providing address, date of birth and any medical information?
- Where is the data held?
- Is data on Compass secure?
- What precautions should I take when using Compass in different places e.g. in a public place, the office, at home or at a campsite?
- What if there’s a data breach?
- How long is personal data to be retained?
- Can a Group keep historical Member data locally for archive or statistical purpose?
- Who is responsible for responding to Subject Access Requests?
For further support and advice with regards to these changes please contact The Scout Information Centre.